The roots of WFUMC church go back to 1829 when members of the local Methodist Society constructed a building called the Hartsfield Meeting House in Rolesville. In 1859 a new church was built in Rolesville and called the Rolesville Methodist Church. In 1936 with the local population shifting to Wake Forest the church moved to its current location and a new building was built with 67 members on the original charter. In the early years the church grew slowly.
The parsonage was built in 1957, and renovations to the church were completed in 1970, 1973 and 1986. In 1999, with our membership beginning to grow rapidly, we built our new Worship Center. Rapid growth continued, and in 2011, we completed the addition of a Family Life Center on our campus. In 2018, a new church campus of our church launched in Rolesville, NC called Village Church Rolesville.
Today, as we continue to reach out to all, our membership continues to grow. We are excited to reach out to a growing community with a new and fresh way of being church! Our story is a part of God’s story and we look forward to all the ways God continues writing the story of his love in Wake Forest and Rolesville.